Understanding Commercial Metal Decking Types
When it comes to providing adequate protection for a building, one of the key components that need to be considered is the roofing solution. In commercial settings, it is crucial to use the right parts when installing a roof. While there are different commercial metal decking types available, the purpose remains the same – yet you should still take the time to understand these types. We’ll take a closer look at commercial metal decking materials, their purpose, and the different types that are available in the modern day.
The Role Of Metal Roof Decking
The most common roof deck for commercial metal roofs generally consists of decking that has certain profiles that make it appropriate for the specific setting. It’s important to understand what role the metal roof decking plays, as it can form a foundation for other materials that are required while constructing these roofs.
Your first step would be to choose the right option among the various commercial metal decking types. The decking then provides a secure and strong platform that can be used to install additional materials that are required in the metal deck construction.
Insulation, membranes to protect against water, and several other elements can now be installed on the roof decking once it is in place. Once these materials are placed, the decking solution will provide an efficient support system that helps to keep the roof stable and in place. It also forms an essential part when using waterproofing membranes to ensure the commercial property is adequately protected against rain.
The Benefits Of Metal Roof Decking
When it comes to metal deck construction, you need to understand the benefits of using these particular components as part of the project. This helps to ensure you have a good understanding of whether it is the most appropriate choice.
Additionally, knowing the benefits also gives you the ability to understand how you should choose the right commercial metal decking types.
The durability of these components plays an important role in their benefits. They are responsible for ensuring the materials installed for the roof once the decks are placed can be supported effectively. The fact that the load placed on top of the metal decks is distributed toward supporting structures is another benefit that comes with the use of this option.
The weight distribution provided by various commercial metal decking types ensures there is support for the living weight as well. This generally consists of workers who need to walk on the roof of the building during the construction process. It is also why these metal roof decking components are often used in multistory buildings.
One important consideration, however, is to note that the most common roof deck for commercial metal roofs does not support the use of concrete. This is something that floor decks provide support for. Thus, never try to use a roof deck as a multipurpose option, such as when constructing floors in a commercial space.
What Are The Different Commercial Metal Decking Types?
There are a couple of commercial metal decking types that you need to educate yourself on to determine which option is right for a project you are working on. Even research studies suggest it is critical to choose the right type to provide protection against elements like windborne debris.
Here, we take a closer look at the most common roof deck for commercial metal roofs and the specific type of decking options that are available:
- A Deck: Narrow rib with a depth of 1.5 inches. This is one of the most common types, particularly due to the fact that it is one of the older options on the market. Today, it’s mostly used in repair projects.
- B Deck: Wide rib with 1.5-inch depth. This is also called the Wide Rib or the BW-36. It’s a modern option, and many people use it in modern commercial projects. The great thing about these decks is that they are lightweight. Construction workers also find that they are relatively easy to install.
- F Deck: Another deck that features a depth of 1.5 inches. It’s sometimes called the F-36. The size of the ribs on this particular deck is in between that of an A and B deck. It’s a good option in cases when a project requires board insulation. When it comes to smaller roofing projects, F decks are often the preferred choice.
- N Deck: A deeper one with a depth of three inches. Also known as the Deep Rib deck, it’s a lightweight option that is often used in both industrial and commercial projects. Apart from roofs, N deck is sometimes used for awnings and canopies too.
- 1” Roof Deck: Another type is the 1” deck. This is a sturdy option in that the ribs have a depth of one inch. In structure, this one has similarities to the N deck. It does not, however, have the long-span support of a N deck. It’s rather an ideal choice when a short or medium span is required.
There are also other options available. The ideal option depends on the specifics of the construction project, the type of roof that is being installed, and whether there will be significant live weight on top of the roof during and after the construction.
Take a closer look at elements like the overall length of the roofing that needs to be installed. This will not only help you understand what commercial metal decking types to use but also give you an idea of the weight support and sturdiness you need.
D-MAC Offers Same-Day Steel Decking Deliveries
Choosing the right supplier for a metal deck construction project is incredibly important. You need a supplier that is reliable and can deliver quality parts for commercial construction. D-MAC prides itself on providing fast, effective, and quality services. Our company specializes in providing exceptional coverage while also ensuring you get same-day delivery on your orders.
D-MAC has warehouses in various areas throughout the United States and offers a quick location finder on its website. There are currently 30 different locations available, and the company has over one million square feet of steel decking parts in stock. This allows you to see what your closest branch is quickly and guides you through the process of placing an order.
If you need materials for metal deck construction, then get in touch with D-MAC and take advantage of the same-day delivery service we offer.
Choosing the best among various commercial metal decking types can help to provide a greater level of reliability in construction projects. There are several factors to keep in mind. Every project is unique, so it’s important to ensure you consider factors like the length of the roof, the thickness, and the amount of weight that the decks need to support. For additional information, visit D-MAC Industries today!